Our Family Oral Health open day is a fun way to find out how you can help improve or maintain your family’s oral health.
- There is a free prize draw for children and a raffle in aid of Cancer Research.
- Balloons, goodie bags and displays
- Our Oral Health Educator and Dental Hygienist on hand to demonstrate toothbrushing techniques and answer your questions about good oral hygiene
- On Thursday there is also the opportunity to talk to Mr Farr about bleaching and Quick Straight Teeth (adult orthodontics system.)
Come along between 9:00 and 16:00 to say hello and see our new premises in Broadway House, Broad Street.
Why does oral health matter?
The Child Dental Health survey carried out in 2013 was published in March 2015 by HSCIC. The good news is it shows that our children’s dental health is gradually improving, although the rate of improvement has slowed. However the figures for good oral health still remain low:
- In England in 2013 less than a third of 15 year olds (31%) had good oral health (up from 25% in 2003).
The Oral Health portion of the report highlights things that are known to help for example:
- Frequent tooth brushing
- Limiting consumption of sugary drinks
- Regular dental attendance to access preventative advice
- Early diagnosis and protective treatment e.g. fissure sealants
- Family involvement in dental care e.g. parents supervising the tooth brushing of younger children.
I’m not one of your patients – can I come?
Yes of course – all current and potential patients are welcome to come along to our Family Oral Health open day.